- This event has passed.
March 9, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join us for ArtNight – another free evening of art, music, and entertainment as Pasadena’s most prominent arts and cultural institutions swing open their doors. The night is yours to navigate. Begin your journey at any one of the participating cultural institutions. Free shuttles at each venue will transport you to your next destination. As many as 28,000 people experience the excitement of ArtNight twice a year. Don’t miss the fun!
- Explore the exhibition, Dreaming the Universe: The Intersection of Science, Fiction, & Southern California
- Listen to music performed by multi-Grammy® nominated pianist Nadia Shpachenko
- Visit the Comet BBQ food truck – “Traveling Across the Galaxy to Serve You BBQ”
For information on the offerings at the other participating venues, please visit http://www.artnightpasadena.org/ or download the Artnight March 2018 brochure.
ArtNight is an ongoing partnership among many cultural institutions and the Cultural Affairs Division of the City of Pasadena. The event is sponsored by the Pasadena Arts & Culture Commission with support from the following: Pasadena Department of Transportation Transit Division; Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority; Pasadena Center Operating Company.
About Nadia Shpachenko’s Performances
- Presented by the American Composers Forum of Los Angeles (ACFl-LA), Nadia will be performing a program of recently composed works for piano, toy piano and electronics. The program will be a preview of Nadia’s program for Saturday, March 10 at People Inside Electronics. For information on that concert, visit: http://www.peopleinsideelectronics.com/nadia-shpachenko
- The selections that will be performed are works by living American composers Tom Flaherty, Annie Gosfield, Vera Ivanova, Isaac Schankler, Jack Van Zandt, and Julia Wolfe. These works are very diverse in style and character, showcasing the composers’ individual ideas about incorporating prerecorded/processed elements such as cricket voices, bells, samples of detuned and prepared piano and grinding cement mixers, poems read by their authors, etc. into the performance.
- To view the video trailer for Nadia’s upcoming CD “Quotations and Homages” visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW5I2eZlvmE
The performances by Nadia Shpachenko are made possible by a grant from the City of Pasadena Arts & Culture Commission and the Division of Cultural Affairs.